At present, the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have made the following recommendations to slow/stop the spread of COVID-19.
1. Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
2. Practice social distancing by keeping at least 6 feet between yourself and other people.
3. Cover your face and mouth with a cloth face covering when out in public.
4. Clean and disinfect touched surfaces frequently.
TSO Buda has adopted the following protocols to protect both staff and patients.
1. All staff will wear face coverings and gloves at all times. Patients are also highly encouraged to bring their own face cloth and gloves to their exam and put on theses items prior to entering the facility. Face cloths and gloves will be provided as needed.
2. We ask that any patients who have developed COVID symptoms in the last 14 days or has been exposed to anyone with symptoms in the last 14 days to reschedule their appointment or asked to use our telehealth services. As a reminder, patients will be screened before entering the facility. Staff will also be screened before the beginning of each shift.
Common symptoms: fever, tiredness, dry cough
Some people may experience: aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat, diarrhea
3. We strongly recommend all paperwork be filled out online prior to the exam.
4. To further reduce the risk of transmission, patients will be scheduled in 1 hour increments. We ask that just the patient or the patient and one legal guardian enter the facility for the examination.
5. All common surfaces will be cleaned hourly with EPA-registered disinfectants as well as before and after any noted contact.
6. Patients will be asked to wear gloves while trying on frames. All trial frames will then be cleaned with EPA-registered disinfectants as well as being placed in an LED UVC Sterilizing Box to further ensure sterilization.
Your health is our top priority!